A1, A2 & A Licences

A1, A2 and A motorcycle licences 

Whether you are looking to get a new A1 licence or upgrade your A2 motorcycle licence, get in touch with the team at Fast Trak Scotland. Our training centres are located in Elgin and Buckie. 

The A1 motorbike licence is for individuals aged 17 or over:

To get an A1 motorbike licence after passing your CBT and theory tests, you can take a 2-stage practical test. This licence will allow you to ride a motorcycle or scooter up to 125cc (with maximum power of 11 KW) without any L plates. It will also allow you to carry a passenger. 

If you decide on riding with L plates once your CBT training is complete, our advice would be to get extra training to improve your road safety and self-confidence.
Advanced rider schemes

If you are 19 or over, then opt for an A2 motorbike licence

Getting an A2 motorbike licence will allow you to ride a motorcycle or scooter with power up to 35KW (46.6 bhp). It will give you the licence to ride a bike with a 500cc engine, or a restricted version of a bigger more powerful model.

How do you qualify for an A2 motorbike licence?
  • You should hold an A1 motorcycle licence for 2 years
  • You can take the Direct Access Scheme route, which includes completing the CBT tests and passing your theory and practical tests
There are many benefits of acquiring an A2 motorbike licence. For example, you can ride any A2 category motorbike or scooter without L plates and it also allows you to carry a passenger.
Additional information

How can you qualify for an A motorcycle licence?

At the age of 24, you can get an A motorcycle licence, which allows you to ride any motorcycle or scooter of any size or power. 

How do you qualify for an A motorbike licence?
  • You must have an A2 motorcycle licence for at least 2 years, you can also opt to take another practical test
  • If you are aged 24 or over, you can take the Direct Access Scheme route by completing CBT, a practical test and theory tests.
  • You are then allowed to ride any motorbike or scooter you choose without L plates
  • You are also allowed to carry a passenger
Do you need advice?
For A1, A2 and A motorcycle licences in Elgin and Buckie, call Fast Trak Scotland.
0800 458 5851 or 07788 956 522
Share by: